14 Sep A few essentials…
THIS month we thought we’d focus on ‘Essentials for your first lesson with GUST’ – in fact let’s make that every lesson with GUST!
- The main item is of course, swimwear! Well-fitting, comfortable shorts or costume is what is required here. We would like to steer you away from those big bermuda’s as they can create unnecessary drag when in the water. Also bikinis can be very difficult, especially if wearing a swim fin as the strap may rub. We have some great swimwear for boys and girls should you be struggling for time
- For our teeny tiny swimmers be sure not to forget a disposable swim nappy (don’t worry if you forget them as we sell individual nappies for just £1.00) along with your Happy Nappy, a neoprene washable, reusable nappy to keep everything secure and in place and most importantly avoid any accidents in the pool. You’ll see we have our very own Splashabout GUST branded ones too which we are so super proud of!
- There is nothing better than a warm, cosy, snuggly towel to wrap your little one in after swimming or a swimsie to pop on quickly and easily once dry! Our warm swimsies are available in a range of sizes and colours, perfect for the kids
- Goggles – any parent knows that if they are a must for your child, they are a must! Look no further than our Aqua Sphere and Zoggs mask goggles giving super vision underwater, easily adjustable straps, no leaks and a great range of colours
- The all important shampoo & body wash to enjoy in our lovely warm showers are more than welcome and with our popular Childs Farm range available also, be sure to take your little ones home smelling amazing
- We supply magazines for your pleasure here at the Centre and free Wifi for those busy parents requiring 30 minutes of internet time however don’t forget that viewing time and all important ‘thumbs up’ for the jump in at the end!
- A handful of change is always useful as you never know if anyone in your party requires an ice-cream to cool down, small snack to fill a hole, or dreamy hot chocolate whilst relaxing
Now for a bit of news….
WHAT a fantastic Summer we’ve all had. It’s been so lovely to see all your wonderful photographs and videos you’ve shared of your little ones showing off their swimming skills whilst away on holiday and ultimately staying safe and having fun! We have given away some free swimming lessons over the summer so thank you to all those who tagged us in on your travels, you’ll be receiving messages from us should you be one of the lucky winners!
WE’VE not come up for air here at GUST and work continues on the construction of the second pool and developments are really starting to show. We are really excited about the opportunities this will bring to our team and customers who share in our excitement on this incredible journey we are taking. We promise to share some more photographs very soon. Work continues in the background on the careful planning of the sessions and allocation of places to those on our waiting list. Spaces are limited so please do get in touch and register your interest on 01785 817534.
WHILST sharing exciting news, we have now raised enough funds through AED Donate for our life saving defibrillator which will be located on our centre entrance in the coming weeks – thank you to everyone for your support in helping us to achieve our target.
OUR first underwater shoot in August was a huge success and the shots that were taken are incredible. The team worked tremendously hard, from the initial promotion and bookings to the service offered on the day of the shoot and we’d like to thank each and every one of them. You’ll see some examples of the photos captured on our Facebook page. Our next shoot is scheduled for Tuesday 30th October (school half term) and families are welcome – and dare we say this would make the perfect Christmas present?
WE try and make our enrolment process as easy for parents as possible. Over the last 7 years we have invested in our very own bespoke booking system that allows us to manage our enrolments and communications effectively. We are always creating new add ons to allow us to expand our services where possible. We are now pleased to be able to offer parents a service where they can enrol onto a new term automatically and payment can be taken via direct debit. This will mean that the busy parents out there have one less thing to remember and places will not be released. We are in the process of sending out the details of how to sign up to all our customers.
LAST but not least we have teamed up with the fabulous Smarty’s Day Nursery in creating an offer exclusively for Smarty’s swimmers. Smarty’s have been swimming with GUST for some time and bring along their little toddlers age 2+ to swimming lessons during their time at nursery. The team are absolutely fantastic and a credit to Janet. The fabulous Tim gets them all to the centre safely and they have the exclusive use of the pool whilst swimming. We are pleased to be offering Smarty’s customers 1o week terms for the price of 9. You can contact GUST direct to book a place if you attend Smarty’s Nursery. We’d like to thank Smarty’s and their team for all their support and we are proud to be able to offer this seamless service to their children and parents.
THANK you to all our customers past, present and future for your continued support